- UNIVERSITY OF RENNES 1 – Faculty of Social Sciences
- CHILDREN OF HOPE ASSOCIATION
- STRAY CAT JOURNAL
PROJECT DIRECTORS: Yann Declerck, Onur Koç, Ferhat Şahin, Ezgi Özcan, Mehmet Yücelay, Ferhat Sönmez, Ayşenur Moral, Çiğdem Armağan, Nilgün Okay, Zeynal Doğan, Nur Şahin, Cansel Ceviz, Himail Ersoy, İhsan Hanson, Ayten Zarapage, Ümran Korkmazlar, Ferda Küçükçavdar, Levent Hamdi Uygun, Özlem Eral, Deniz Toprak, Ahmet Şancı, Remzi Altun, Özkan Yazan, Uğur Eroğlu
Project directors Onur Koç and Yann Declerck conducted projects regarding children experiencing homelessness in Turkey and France. A project is intended in Turkey for socially disadvantageous people experiencing homelessness. Onur Koç and Yann Declerck contacted Children of Hope Association for their experiences in the subject and Stray Cat Journal which is owned and run by people experiencing homelessness. The main reason to realize this project is to integrate people experiencing homelessness into society by teaching them a new skill which is photography.
The following are the main aims of Project My World:
- To obtain integration, to a certain extent, of people experiencing homelessness into society in 2 months.
- To provide income to Children of Hope Association and Stray Cat Journal through an exhibition which is planned to take place at the completion of the project.
- To convey the pilot study that will take place in Istanbul to France to build a foundation for future projects regarding French people experiencing homelessness.
- To turn the project and the following exhibition into a success and raise awareness about people experiencing homelessness.
- To increase communication and cooperation between Turkish and French organizations and establish foundation for future social projects.
- To enhance imagination of those individuals who will participate in the project to learn about photography and to stave them off from their old habit and street life for a 2 month period.
- To enable the individuals to express their views and feelings freely which were not acknowledged and conveyed up until now.
- A short seminar will be held about techniques of photography as a part of Project My World
- After the seminar, chosen individuals experiencing homelessness will be given a single use camera and will be asked to take pictures about their lives.
- Pictures will be printed and the printed pictures will be discussed with the photographers regarding why the picture should be chosen.
- An exhibition will be held containing the chosen photographs. Income derived from this exhibition will be transferred to Children of Hope Association and Stray Cat Journal to be used in social projects.
- A 30 people team that consists 20 people experiencing homelessness and 10 trainers and supervisors will determine the places for photo shooting and create frames to express their lives.
The target segment of the project is substance abuser adolescents experiencing homelessness and children who are forced to work and beg by their families.
LOCATION OF THE CENTER:
Project centers are İlk Adım İstasyonu (First Step Station: Affiliated with Children of Hope Association and Stray Cat Journal) and Dolapdere Günübirlik Yaşam Barınağı (Dolapdere Halfway House).
BEGINNING AND DURATION OF THE PROJECT
Beginning of the project: 11.02.2011
Ending of the project: 11.04.2011
Project duration: 2 months
Exhibition Date: 2-3 April. Saturday-Sunday at 10 am to 10 pm.
Exhibition Location: Büyük dere cad. No: 127 kat 1. Astorya AVM Gayrettepe-Mecidiyeköy/İstanbul. Contact the director of Children of Hope Association Ferhat Şahin (mobile: 0535 293 95 42) or general secretary of the association Ferhat Sönmez (mobile: 0554 717 05 03)
GUESTS OF HONOURS:
Dr. Ercan Kesal, Dr. Ayşen Erdil, Enis Rıza Sakızlı, Dr. Oya Bayrı, Dr. Aydemir Karaer, Ülker baskın, Uğur Sevinç, Hakan Akgil. Sait Taşkıran, Umut Kaçar, Adil Menemenci.August 26, 2019